Wedgwood Playground Expectations
Wedgwood citizens are caring, respectful, and responsible on the playground.
Playground Expectation 1
I take care of equipment and return it to where it belongs.
- use the big toy and playscapes safely
- slide down the slides
- hang on the monkey bars
- walk across the playscape bridge
- pick up after yourself and bring playground/classroom equipment back where it belongs
Playground Expectation 2
I invite and include others.
- look for opportunities to include others in a game
- play fair and play to have fun
- Pick teams fairly – ask an adult/Conflict Manager for help if needed
Playground Expectation 3
I follow the rules of the game.
- agree on the rules of a game before you play
- use problem solving skills or ask for adult/Conflict Manager for help if needed
Playground Expectation 4
I play safe where adults can see me.
- make sure you can see an adult at all times
- avoid games where someone turns into “It”
- keep hands, feet, and body safely to yourself
- play out in front of the portables
- walk around playscapes when other students are using them
We avoid playing games with pretend weapons or twigs/branches, treat the garden with respect by not picking the plants, and we stay out of the trees.
Playground Expectation 5
I line up quickly and safety when the bell rings.
- watch out for others as you line up
- go to the back of the line when you get to your classroom number
- face forward and wait for your teacher and directions
- enter the building respectfully